All the Aftercare Tips You Need to Know After Semi-permanent Makeup.
Eyebrow Embroidery Aftercare
Eyebrow embroidery is one of the latest beauty trends that has captured the interest of many women. Nicely shaped eyebrows can make you look stunning even if you’re not wearing any make-up.
The brows are formed based on the preferred shape and by following the original hairline to make them look natural.
Eyebrow embroidery can give good results for those who do not have perfect brows.
It is important to take care of the eyebrows after the procedure to ensure it last longer.
Eyebrow embroidery if done properly by a professional beautician can last up to 2 years. Paying attention to aftercare is therefore important to ensure a good outcome.
5 CARE TIPS FOR YOUR EYEBROWS
1. Don’t Let Your Brows Get Wet
- Avoid getting your brows wet within the first 3 days after having eyebrow embroidery.
- As much as possible, don’t let your eyebrows touch the water and avoid sweating excessively.
- Using facial wipes to cleanse your face is a good option to prevent eyebrows from touching the water.
- If you shower, try not to get wet for too long. You can do your face first then pat dry your brows immediately after washing your face.
2. Avoid Scratching Your Brows
- After treatment, your eyebrows may itch a little as the skin peels. Do not scratch your brows. Let the peeling process occur naturally.
3. Apply Aftercare Cream
- The recovery period is between 3 – 7 days. Your eyebrow skin dries up and the scab starts to peel off.
- Remember to apply aftercare cream at least twice a day to prevent the skin from peeling too quickly. The slower the scab falls off the better, although this will vary on individual skin type.
4. Avoid Extreme Activities During the First Week
- Avoid swimming or any outdoor activities that will make you sweat.
- Do not schedule major events such as photoshoots or formal celebrations. Your eyebrows will look dark and thick for five days after the treatment. Schedule them once your brow is all perfectly framed.
5. Apply Little or No Makeup for 1 Week
- During the first week after eyebrow embroidery, avoid makeup and skincare products on your brows area.
- Some cosmetics might contain ingredients that can affect colour absorption, which can lead to fading quickly.
Eyeliner Embroidery Aftercare
Eyes are the Windows to the Soul.
Eyeliner embroidery is a semi-permanent makeup done either on the top of the upper eye line or the outer half of the lower eye line to make the eyes look more defined, awake, and refresh.
- Keep your eyes and eyelids clean after the procedure
- Clean eyelids with clean water 3 times a day
- Apply aftercare cream twice a day for 3 days
- Do not use eyelash extension or apply makeup on eyelids for 2 weeks
- Avoid spicy food and chili for 2 weeks
- Avoid swimming for 2 weeks
Lips Embroidery Aftercare
Lips embroidery enhances your lips by adding a semi-permanent colour to them and in doing so turns pale lips into healthy pink.
This technique is like a long-lasting lip stain, so you’ll always look good and no longer need to apply lipstick.
Lips embroidery if done properly by a professional beautician can last up to 2 years.
Some peeling and slight swelling may occur during the recovery period which may last up to 5 days. Paying attention to aftercare is therefore important to ensure good outcome.
- After the procedure, you can drink water /other liquids with a straw but no solid food for 3 hours
- Use moisten cotton puffs to gently clean the lips 3 times a day
- Use chilled moisten cotton puffs to reduce swelling or pain if necessary
- Apply Aftercare cream 3 times a day after cleaning
- Avoid spicy food and chilli for 2 weeks
- Avoid swimming for 2 weeks
Eyelash Extension Aftercare
(NOTE: Eyelash Extension Aftercare is included here for reference only although this is not considered a semi-permanent makeup)
While we may not all be blessed with natural long beautiful lashes, we can now have lash extensions done quite easily by a professional beautician. A great lash extension can make you look more awake, refresh and ready to take on the day.
Eyelash extension if done properly by a professional lash beautician can last up to 3 months. Paying attention to aftercare is important to ensure a good outcome.
- Keep your lashes dry for the next 48 hours after lash extension
- Be gentle with your lashes and do not touch your eyelash extension excessively
- Use water-based makeup remover
- Clean your lashes daily for better lash retention
- Do not rub your eyes
- Do not sleep face down
- Do not comb your lashes for the next 48 hours
- Do not apply oil-based eye products, cream, or waterproof mascara